How to completely erase iPhone/iPad/iPod touch before selling?
Whether you already set up your device but want to start over, or you want to sell the device or give it to others, you will first need to erase and wipe information from that device . If you want to save your content and settings, back up iPhone before erasing it.
Option 1 Erase all content and settings from iPhone
Step 1: Tap Settings > General > Reset
Step 1: Tap Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Step 2: Enter your passcode or Apple ID password if required
Step 3: Wait for your device to erase
Tap Back Then Erase or Erase Now. It may take a few minutes to completely erase your data.
Option 2 Use a computer to Erase iPhone
If you’re unable to open Settings, you can use a a Mac or Windows PC to erase all data and settings from your iPhone.
Step 1: Connect iPhone and your computer using USB.
Step 2: Do one of the following:
- In the Finder sidebar on your Mac(macOS 10.15 or later): Select your iPhone, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPhone.
In the iTunes app on a Windows PC or Mac(macOS 10.14 or earlier: Click the iPhone button near the top left of the iTunes window, click Summary, then click Restore iPhone.
Step 3: Follow the onscreen instructions.
Sounds easy, right? However, it's still not safe it you are going to sell or give away your device. Erasing all content and settings does not completely delete all the data. The data is somewhere hidden in your iPhone which can be easily restored via third party recovery tools and software. The erased content can be easily recovered with certain recovery apps.
Hence this action is not safe when you are planning to erase data in order to sell your device. To protect your privacy, we strongly recommend you to completely erase your device with 0% recovery chance.
Ondesoft FoneClean is a professional iOS eraser that allows you easily wipe all data and settings from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touchand make them 100% unrecoverable.
Step 1 Install and run Ondesoft FoneClean on your computer. Connect the iPhone to the computer. A few seconds later, the device should be recognized by the program.
Step 2 Select Erase All Data, and click the Erase button. It will start the erasing process.
Step 3 When the process is done, the program indicates that erasing is completed. After your iPhone restarts, all your personal information has been removed permanently.
If you can't erase your device
If you don't remember your passcode or Apple ID password for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled, learn how to erase iPhone/iPad/iPod without password .
- Best iPhone Cleaner
- How to delete junk files on iPhone?
- How to delete call hostory on iPhone?
- How to delete cookies on iPhone?
- How to clear history on iPhone?
- How to delete messages on iPhone?
- How to delete photos from iPhone?
- How to delete search history on iPhone?
- How to wipe an iPhone?
- How to erase all content and settings on iPhone?
- How to erase private fragments?
- How to delete Facebook message on iPhone?
- How to clear Facebook cache on iPhone?
- How to clear Twitter cache on iPhone?
- How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to free up space on your iPhone?
- How to reset iPhone before selling?
- How to reset iPhone without Apple ID password?
- How to turn off find my iPhone?
- How to clear the cache on your iPhone?
- Delete Kik Chat Messages from iPhone/iPad Permanently
- Delete LINE Message History Permanently
- Delete Viber Chat History Permanently
- Delete WhatsApp Messages Permanently