How to free up space on your iPhone?
Running out of space on your iPhone can be extremely frustrating, it halts your ability to enjoy the phone the way you want. Taking photos, downloading movies, installing apps and other everyday tasks are limited by a lack of space. Instead of deleting files and apps, there are some new ways that will help you free up space on your iPhone.
What’s eating up all of your space?
First you should take a few moments to access your iPhone’s storage situation. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. At the top, you will see a color-coded bar chart that outlines how much space certain categories are taking up on your iPhone. The used content is divided in these categories: Apps, Photos, Media, Mail, Messages, iCloud Drive, Other and System. Your might find that your iPhone filled up with Apps, Photos, Media, Messages and Other. The mysterious “other” means non-removable logs and caches, system data and non-removable mobile assets.
Below the bar chart, you will see a list of your apps, ranked in order of how much space they and their data take up on your device. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. Cached data and temporary data might not be counted as usage. If you don't see any recommendations for optimizing your device storage, try these steps:
1. Delete those unused apps
Apps always take up large space of your iPhone. You may drop some apps on your iPhone, never use them, or you try them once, forget about them. Some gaming apps are small, but they can take up more than 1GB of space because of 3-D graphics. Go ahead and delete them. You can do that by tapping on the app and choose Delete App.
Delete App - this will delete the app and all related data from its iPhone.
Offload App - which will free up storage used by the app, but keeps its documents and data. Reinstalling the app will place back your data if the app is still available in the App Store.
You can also set up the automatic removal of apps you don't use often. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Offload Unused Apps and tap Enable.
2. Delete photos and videos
You may take a ton of photos just to get the perfect shot, or you love shooting 4K videos. There is no need to keep these useless shots and videos. If the Photos and Media bar takes up a big chunk of your iPhone’s storage chart, you may need to start cleaning up a bit. If you do not want to lose all photos and videos, you can transfter them to your computer or copy them to a cloud service , then you can delete them from your iPhone.
3. Remove downloaded music, movies and old podcasts.
Those playlists and albums you downloaded to rock out on the subway, are you really going to listen to them again? You just see some movies and listen to podcasts once. But they will take up a lot of space. To delete these audios, open the Music app. Just swipe left on the individual audio to delete. Same thing goes with podcasts and videos — an even larger space invader. Swipe left and tap delete within the Podcasts app and Video app.
4. Clean up messages
Delete all "running late" or "what do you want for dinner?" texts to free up some space. You can now automatically delete older messages. This option is much easier than manually deleting old threads. Go to Settings > Messages. Under Keep Message, select 30 days or 1 year.
5. Empty browser’s cache
Some apps like Safari cache a lot of data in order to load quicker. But all this caching can use up a good chunk of space. To clear Safari cache, go to Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data, then you could regain some storage.
For Chrome on iOS, open the app, tap the three dots on the bottom-right corner and select History. Then tap Clear Browsing Data to wipe everything out or Edit to erase specific sites. You can also navigate to Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data, which will let you delete browsing history, cookies and site data, cached images and files, saved passwords, and autofill data—or everything at once.
Above methods are useful, but it will take some time to remove these data one by one. Some hidden data can not be removed without the third-party tool. In order to instantly and completely delete all hidden junk files, trash, caches, temp files etc., you can use Ondesoft FoneClean. It is designed to easily free up more space on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. It has 4 modes to clean up your iPhone. With the help of Ondesoft FoneClean, you won’t need to waste time on deleting files manually.
How does Ondesoft FoneClean free up space on iPhone/iPad?
First, download , install and run Ondesoft FoneClean on your Mac. Then connect your iPhone/iPad to this Mac.
1. 1-Click Free mode helps you to release more space by clearing out temporary and junk files, backing up photos, deleting large files, and uninstalling apps in bulk. All previous deleted files and photos by Ondesoft FoneClean are no longer accessible or recoverable even with the latest recovery software.
Step 1 Download, install and run Ondesoft FoneClean on your computer, then connect iPhone to the computer.
Step 2 Select 1-Click Free mode. Next, click on the Quick Scan button.
Once the device is scanned, you will see a list of content that you can erase.
Step 3 Click the Erase button to start the removing process.
2. Erase Private Data allows you to thoroughly delete any personal data on your iOS device, like photos, videos, calls, messages, message attachments, Safari cookie, cache, history, etc. The content can be erased permanently so that no one can hack your device.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to your computer. Click the Erase Private Data button.
Step 2 Click the Scan button to start analysing your iPhone.
Step 3 After the scanning process, you will see all your private data. Select the useless data and click the Erase Now button.
3. Erase Fragments mode can scan and view your third-party apps data. You can select private data to erase permanently. It keeps your private data safe and protect you from the risk of privacy leaks.
Step 1: Launch Ondesoft FoneClean on computer and connect your iPhone via USB cable.
Step 2: Once iPhone detected, select Erase Fragments, and click the Scan button. You need to disable "Find My iPhone".
Step 3: FoneClean will scan private fragments from the third-party apps. You can erase them all or choose the ones you want to erase.
4. If you want to get a fresh device without any contents and settings, then you can choose Erase All Data . Ondesoft FoneClean offers one-click to erase all data option that enables you to permanently erase all data on your iPhone.
Step 1 Install and launch Ondesoft FoneClean on your computer. Connect your iPhone with the computer via its USB cable.
Step 2 Select Erase All Data and click the Erase button. It will start erasing your iPhone automatically. The process can not be undo once it begins.
Step 3 After the erasing process, it will restart your iPhone and you will see the complete message.
- Best iPhone Cleaner
- How to delete junk files on iPhone?
- How to delete call hostory on iPhone?
- How to delete cookies on iPhone?
- How to clear history on iPhone?
- How to delete messages on iPhone?
- How to delete photos from iPhone?
- How to delete search history on iPhone?
- How to wipe an iPhone?
- How to erase all content and settings on iPhone?
- How to erase private fragments?
- How to delete Facebook message on iPhone?
- How to clear Facebook cache on iPhone?
- How to clear Twitter cache on iPhone?
- How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to free up space on your iPhone?
- How to reset iPhone before selling?
- How to reset iPhone without Apple ID password?
- How to turn off find my iPhone?
- How to clear the cache on your iPhone?
- Delete Kik Chat Messages from iPhone/iPad Permanently
- Delete LINE Message History Permanently
- Delete Viber Chat History Permanently
- Delete WhatsApp Messages Permanently