How to fix "The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read" error?
If you have encountered the error "The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of iTunes", don't worry. Here is the solution.
First quit iTunes. Go to iTunes folder. It is located on:
MacOS – /Users/username/Music
Windows XP – C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music
Windows Vista – C:\Users\username\Music
Windows 10, 8 or 7 – C:\Users\username\My Music
Open the folder named Previous iTunes Libraries.
Find the file named iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD where YYYY-MM-DD is the date you upgraded iTunes (Year-Month-Day).
Rename it as iTunes Library.itl and replace the one in iTunes folder.
Now run iTunes and this error is solved.
Ondesoft iTunes Converter
- How to convert Spotify songs, albums or playlists to MP3?
- How to transfer M4P music from iTunes to Android?
- How to upload iTunes media to Google Play?
- Best 3 Ways to convert M4A to MP3
- iTunes Ripper - Rip DRM-free songs, movies, TV Shows and audiobooks from iTunes
- How to play iTunes music on Samsung tablet
Ondesoft TipsMore >>
- Download Spotify to mp3
- Get Free Spotify Premium
- Play Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone
- Top 7 Spotify Visualizer
- Spotify Playlist Downloader
- Watch iTunes Movies on TV
- Free Spotify to MP3 Converter
- How to convert iTunes AAC Audio File to MP3?
- How to convert Audible Audiobook to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert DRM M4B to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert DRM M4P to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert drm iTunes music to mp3, aac on Mac?
- How to convert iTunes M4P/M4B/M4A to MP3?
- How to remove DRM from iTunes music?
- How to transfer iTunes playlist to Spotify?
- How to transfer iTunes playlist to Android?