How to play Spotify music on HomePod
Apple is working to allow third-party music services like Spotify and Pandora to be streamed directly on the HomePod with Siri in a future software update, as is possible with Apple Music. It means you no longer have to take out your phone to start or change music.
Spotify currently can only be streamed on the HomePod via AirPlay or Spotify connect.
HomePod, together with Apple Music and Siri, creates an entirely new way for you to discover and interact with music at home. Many Spotify users ask whether it is possible to stream Spotify on HomePod. Well, it's possible and pretty easy.
1. Make sure the Apple device you're playing from is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your HomePod.
2. Make sure the Bluetooth is on, launch Spotify, and start playing your favorite track.
3. Choose your HomePod speaker from the "Devices Available" list in the app. Or simply slide up to access your Control Center, open the music widget, tap the AirPlay icon in the upper right corner of the widget, and then select your HomePod.
Since October, 2019, you can use Siri to control Spotify on HomePod and AirPlay speakers.
Before you can use Siri with Spotify, you must install and create a Siri Shortcut specifically for Spotify.
Play Spotify music on HomePod via Spotify Connect
- Open Spotify and choose a track to play.
- On the main screen that shows song details, tap on "Devices Available."
- Choose "More Devices."
- Tap on the icon for your HomePod, and music will be streamed directly to it.
Play Spotify music on HomePod via AirPlay
- Start a song in Spotify app.
- Open the Control Center on the iPhone or iPad.
- 3D Touch or long press on the music widget.
- Tap on the AirPlay icon in the upper right side of the widget.
- Select the HomePod icon.
How to get Spotify premium for free?
Step 1 Download, install and run Ondesoft Spotify Converter on your computer
Please make sure you have installed Spotify app on your computer. Launch Ondesoft Spotify Converter, then Spotify app will be opened automatically.
Step 2 Add Spotify music
Click the Add Files button on the top-left of the main interface, then you will see a a new window. Go to Spotify to find any songs or playlists you want to convert, you can drag&drop them to the Spotify Converter directly. Or you can copy&paste the link of the song/playlist from Spotify web player. Then Click the Add button to import all songs.
Step 3 Customize output settings
After importing songs, you are able to change the output formats, output folder, bitrate and Simple rate by clicking the Options button.
Step 4 Start Converting and airplay Spotify songs to HomePod
When finish the above settings, click the Convert button to start the conversion.
After the conversion, you can find all converted songs by clicking the History button. Remain all songs on your computer or transfer all converted Spotify music to your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Apple TV. You'll manually need to tap the AirPlay button on the screen of the source device, then you can Airplay them to HomePod.
Ondesoft TipsMore >>
- Get Spotify Premium Free
- Play Spotify on Apple Watch
- Convert Spotify to MP3
- Spotify Visualizer
- Spotify Playlist downloader
- iTunes movies on TV
- iTunes DRM Removal
- Play Spotify Music on Samsung TV
- Spotify compatible MP3 player
- Audible on Google Home
- Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks
- Convert Audible to MP3
- Best DRM Audio Converter Review
- Free Download Drake More Life
- Install Spotify++ on iOS