How to convert iTunes DRM-protected M4P to MP3?
What are M4P files?
M4P is an Apple variant of the AAC audio file format that includes Apple’s “Fairplay” copy protection DRM. M4P and the related M4A format are an iTunes Music Store audio files, M4P includes the copy protection, whereas the M4A format does not.
What programs work with M4P files?
iTunes and Apple’s now-defunct QuickTime Player, are the only programs that can play M4P audio files. The computer is required to be one of up to five computers authorized to play audio from the account that downloaded the M4P file.
How to convert M4P to MP3?
There are many online m4p converter that you can use to convert m4p to mp3, google convert m4p to mp3 online you can find many results, like https://www.filezigzag.com/m4p-mp3-en.aspx, https://www.mp3cutter.com/m4p-to-mp3, https://www.onlineconverter.com/mp4-to-mp3. Besides, you can also convert m4p to mp3 with iTunes . However, things become different when you want to convert Apple Music m4p songs to mp3, since these m4p songs are DRM protected. The above m4p converter can't convert DRM protected m4p songs.
Can iTunes convert M4P to MP3?
iTunes can't convert M4P songs due to the DRM protection.
To convert DRM protected m4p songs to mp3, you will need a professional drm music converter. Here we will recommend Ondesoft iTunes Converter , which is such an iTunes M4P converter which allows you to easily remove iTunes DRM and convert M4P to MP3 at 16X speed. This M4P to MP3 converter preserves all ID3 tags to the output MP3 songs. It also allows you to convert Apple Music M4P songs to MP3 without downloading them.
Step 1: Launch iTunes converter
Download and install Ondesoft iTunes Converter on your Mac/Windows.
Launch iTunes M4P Converter and iTunes will be launched automatically. iTunes M4P Converter will automatically load your iTunes Library. The interface is shown as below:
Step 2: select M4P music you want to convert
No matter M4P songs purchased from iTunes Store before 2009, M4P audiobooks or Apple Music songs, Ondesoft iTunes Converter can convert them all. Click the checkbox before the songs/audiobooks you want to convert.
Step 3: Ouput settings
Choose MP3 as ouput format. Choose output audio quality from the pre-designed settings or customize bitrate, samplerate as you like.
Click icon at the top of main interface (or click Ondesoft iTunes Converter - preferences) and a Preferences window will pop up for you to make the settings. You can set the converting speed (up to 16X), output file name format, etc. Also you can choose to save ID tags and metadata information to the output MP3 and M4A files or keep Chapter information in the converted M4A audiobooks.
Step 4: click Convert to start converting
After all is done, click Convert button to start converting DRM protected M4P to MP3 at up to 16X speed. Click Explore Output File to quickly open output folder and locate the DRM-free MP3 song.
Unregistered users can only convert each M4P file for 3 minutes. To remove the limitation, purchase a full version.
Ondesoft iTunes Converter
- How to convert Spotify songs, albums or playlists to MP3?
- How to transfer M4P music from iTunes to Android?
- How to upload iTunes media to Google Play?
- Best 3 Ways to convert M4A to MP3
- How to convert MP3 to M4R?
- iTunes Ripper - Rip DRM-free songs, movies, TV Shows and audiobooks from iTunes
- How to play iTunes music on Samsung tablet
Ondesoft TipsMore >>
- Download Spotify to mp3
- Get Free Spotify Premium
- Play Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone
- Top 7 Spotify Visualizer
- Spotify Playlist Downloader
- Watch iTunes Movies on TV
- Free Spotify to MP3 Converter
- How to convert iTunes AAC Audio File to MP3?
- How to convert Audible Audiobook to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert DRM M4B to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert DRM M4P to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert drm iTunes music to mp3, aac on Mac?
- How to convert iTunes M4P/M4B/M4A to MP3?
- How to remove DRM from iTunes music?
- How to transfer iTunes playlist to Spotify?
- How to transfer iTunes playlist to Android?