How to cast Apple music to Chromecast from iPhone and Android?
"I have a lot of music and audio on my PC, and use Apple Music (for now.) We’re sitting in the den on a lazy Sunday afternoon, my Chromecast in here is connected to my audio system, and I want to listen to a playlist I have in iTunes. I picked up my iPhone and realize I have no idea how to play my music on my Chromecast. Is there a simple way to do this that I’m missing?" - quesiton asked by JeffL. Do you also have such confusion? Our helpful guide will walk you through the steps needed to chromecast Apple Music.
Part 1 Apple Music now supports Chromecast
Part 2 Upload iTunes/Apple Music to Google Music to stream on Chromecast
Part 3 Cast iTunes/Apple Music from Google Play Music
Part 1 Apple Music now supports Chromecast
Apple Music has finally added Google Chromecast support to its Android app, which means you can now cast your favorite songs to your Google Home speaker, Android TV, or any other Chromecast-enabled device you might have.
Part 2 How to cast Apple Music to Chromecast
To cast Apple Music to Chromecast, you need an Android phone or tablet with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later, or a Chromebook that supports Android apps.
- Make sure that your Android device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Apple Music and start playback.
- Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen to open Now Playing.
- Tap the Cast button .
- Tap your Chromecast device.
As you can see, casting Apple Music to Chromecast requires an Android device. What if you have iOS devices buut don't have an Android device? Don't worry. Here we will show you how to cast Apple Music to Chromecast with iOS device.
Part 3 Cast Apple Music to Chromecast with iPhone/iPad
You can't cast Apple Music to Chromecast from iPhone/iPad. However, you can cast Google Play Music instead. Here we will show you how to upload Apple Music playlists to Google Play Music.
Use Google Play Music Manager you can upload music from any music folder on your desktop (including iTunes and Windows Media Player) to Google Play and immediately start casting your top tunes to your TV or speakers. You can upload up to 50,000 songs and listen on your mobile device, computer, or Android TV.
Note: If you're using Chrome, try uploading your music with Google Play Music for Chrome instead of Music Manager.
The tiny queation is Apple Music songs you downloaded are DRM-protected. So you need to do find a DRM removal tool to strip Apple Music DRM and convert the Apple Music M4P songs to plain formats such as mp3 . Herer we will recommend Ondesoft iTunes Converter .
Ondesoft iTunes Converter is a professional Apple Music converter and DRM removal tool. The biggest advantage is that it automatically loads your iTunes and Apple Music songs and display them in an iTunes similar interface with the same catagory and playlists. You can easily find and choose the songs you want to convert.
This tutorial will show you how to remove Apple Music DRM and convert Apple Music to MP3 with Ondesoft iTunes Converter.
Steps to convert Apple Music to MP3 on Mac/Windows
1. Install Ondesoft iTunes Converter
2. Select Apple Music songs
Run Ondesoft iTunes Converter. It will automatically load your iTunes library . You don't need to download the Apple Music songs . Just add Apple Music songs, albums or playlists from Apple Music catalog to your iTunes Library . Check the Apple Music songs you want to remove DRM from. If you added songs, albums to iTunes Library, click Music in the sidebar and sort all songs by Type.
If you added playlists to iTunes Library, click the playlist name in the sidebar and you will find all songs included.
3. Start to Convert
iTunes Converter support 9 output formats: MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, ATFF, AU, FLAC, M4R and MKA. Change output song format, bitrate, sample rate, destination folder and filename format as you like. Original metadata information including title, artist, album, genre and artwork will be preserved to output MP3, M4A file. After conversion, you can enjoy the Apple Music DRM-free songs on your MP3 player , PSP , etc.
Besides Apple Music songs, iTunes Converter also allows you to remove DRM from M4P songs purchased from iTunes Store before 2009, iTunes Audiobooks and Audible Audiobooks. It can also convert songs in other formats from your iTunes Library to MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, ATFF, AU, FLAC, M4R and MKA.
After upload Apple Music songs to Google Play Music, you can now cast them to Chromecast from computer, Andorid or iPhone/iPad.
On your computer
- Open Chrome.
- Though not required, we recommend you pin the Cast button to your Chrome toolbar.
- Connect your computer and Chromecast device to the same wireless network.
- Go to Google Play Music ( play.google.com/music ) using Chrome.
- Click a song, album, or playlist.
- Click Play .
- At the bottom of the screen next to the playback controls, click the Cast button.
- Under "Cast to," select your Chromecast from the device list.
On iPhone or iPad
- Connect your phone or tablet and Chromecast to the same wireless network.
- Open the Google Play Music app.
- Tap the Cast button.
- Select your Chromecast device from the device list.
- Select a song, album, or playlist.
- Tap Play .
- How to play Apple Music on iPhone 4?
- How to convert audiobooks to MP3?
- How to convert audiobooks to AAC?
- Convert iTunes M4B audiobooks to MP3
- Best 3 Ways to convert M4A to MP3
- How to convert Apple Music M4P songs to MP3?
- How to convert Spotify songs, albums or playlists to MP3?
Ondesoft iTunes Converter
Ondesoft TipsMore >>
- Download Spotify to mp3
- Get Free Spotify Premium
- Play Spotify on Apple Watch without iPhone
- Top 7 Spotify Visualizer
- Spotify Playlist Downloader
- Watch iTunes Movies on TV
- Free Spotify to MP3 Converter
- How to convert iTunes AAC Audio File to MP3?
- How to convert Audible Audiobook to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert DRM M4B to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert DRM M4P to mp3 on Mac?
- How to convert drm iTunes music to mp3, aac on Mac?
- How to convert iTunes M4P/M4B/M4A to MP3?
- How to remove DRM from iTunes music?
- How to transfer iTunes playlist to Spotify?
- How to transfer iTunes playlist to Android?