How to watch iTunes DRM movies and TV shows on Roku?
Method 1 The Apple TV app is available on Roku devices
The Apple TV channel is now available on select Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models. You can access your library of shows and movies, and find new programs to stream, buy, or rent. All Roku models that support the Apple TV channel are listed below:
How to add the Apple TV channel to compatible Roku player or Roku TV?
- Scroll up or down and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
- Select Search Channels and enter Apple TV.
- When you see the channel, use the directional pad on your Roku remote to highlight Apple TV .
- Select Add Channel .
Method 2 Play iTunes movies on Roku with Movies Anywhere
Movies Anywhere app, available free on Roku players and Roku TVs , is a simple, digital hub for your favorite movies from iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play and Vudu, so you no longer need to jump around between your Roku channels and Apple products.To get started, add the free Movies Anywhere channel on Roku players and Roku TVs. Then sign in or create a free Movies Anywhere account and connect your digital retailer accounts.
Digital films from Sony Pictures Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios (encompassing Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm), Twentieth Century Fox Film, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. that have been purchased or redeemed through Amazon Video, Google Play, iTunes and Vudu are available for playback on your Roku device. iTunes Rented movies and movies from Paramount and Lionsgate are notable exceptions that are not yet participating. To play the not-supported movies on Roku or outside USA( Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.), you can use method 2.
Method 3 Play iTunes movies on TV with Roku Media Player
Roku Media Player is a channel available for download through the Roku Channel Store . It may also be pre-installed on some Roku® streaming devices. Roku Media Player allows you to watch your own personal video files, listen to your music files, and view your photos using the Roku device’s USB port (if available) or by accessing a media server on your local network. According to the Roku support website ( https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208754908-how-to-use-roku-media-player-to -play-your-videos-music-and-photos ) their media player supports H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV) formats.
With the help of USB drive and DLNA servers like Plex, Roku can also play locally stored photo, audio, and video files. While, the bad news is movies/TV shows downloaded from iTunes Store still can’t be played since they are DRM protected . So whether is there a way to play iTunes purchased or rented movies/TV shows with Roku? The answer is yes. You just need to remove DRM from iTunes movies purchases and rentals, TV shows/music videos and play them with Roku just like ordinary local videos .
Ondesoft iTunes DRM Media Converter is such an iTunes DRM removal tool that allows you to easily strip DRM from iTunes purchased/rented movies and TV shows and output popular Roku compatible MP4 videos. You can also call it iTunes movie to Roku Converter .
iTunes movie to Roku Converter features user-friendly interface and is extremely easy to use. It removes iTunes DRM at 30X speed with 100% original quality. AC3 Dolby 5.1 Audio, AD, multilingual Subtitles, Audio Tracks and Closed Captions from the iTunes DRM M4V movies and TV shows will also be preserved to output MP4 videos.
Below is the detailed tutorial about how to remove iTunes video DRM and convert M4V movies and TV shows to Roku compatible MP4 videos on Mac .
Step 1 Download and install Ondesoft iTunes movie to Roku Converter on your Mac or Windows. And then launch it.
Step 2 Add M4V Movies and TV shows from iTunes Library.
Click “add files” on the top of Ondesoft iTunes DRM Media Converter for Mac to add videos from iTunes library.
Click iTunes movies and TV shows that you want to convert and click Add. You will see them on the conversion list.
Step 3 Click button to choose output audio tracks and subtitles (optional).
Ondesoft iTunes movie to Roku Converter will preserve all original subtitles and audio tracks by default. You are free to select and preserve any one.
Output MP4 file will be saved to Documents/Ondesoft iTunes DRM Media Converter/Converted by default. You can also change it by clicking the Options icon.
Step 4 Start to convert M4V to MP4 with Ondesoft iTunes movie to Roku Converter for Mac.
Click "Convert" button to remove iTunes DRM and convert M4V to MP4.
After conversion, click below folder icon to quickly locate your DRM-free iTunes videos. Transfer them to your USB drive and insert it into the USB port on your Roku device. Now you can enjoy the iTunes videos with Roku.
Method 1 Play iTunes movies via USB drive
Insert the USB device into the USB port on your Roku device. If Roku Media Player is not installed, you will be prompted to add it from the Roku Channel Store . If the channel is installed, an on-screen prompt will ask you to launch Roku Media Player. Then the USB Drive icon should show up in the media device selection screen. Roku Ultra and Roku TV HD/4K have a USB port.
Method 2 Play iTunes movies via local area network
If your Roku device don’t have a USB port, play iTunes movies on your Roku using DLAN. Roku Media Player has been tested to work with the following DLNA servers:
• Windows Media Player/Center
Video Guide: Remove DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows to watch on Roku with Ondesoft iTunes DRM Media Converter
iTunes Video Converter
Movie TipsMore >>
- Watch iTunes movies on your Amazon Kindle Fire 7 Tablet
- 5 ways to watch iTunes movies/TV shows on TV without Apple TV
- Play iTunes movies on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Transfer and watch iTunes M4V movies on Android Phone and Tablet
- Convert iTunes M4V movies to MP4
- Stream iTunes Movies to Google Nexus Player
- Convert iTunes Movies to MP4
- Get free TV shows from iTunes Store
- Play iTunes M4V movies on TV
- Transfer iTunes Movies to Google Drive
- iTunes Movie DRM Removal Tool
- Play and watch iTunes movies on PS3
- Play iTunes DRM Movies/TV shows on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Remove DRM from iTunes movies
- Remove DRM from iTunes TV shows
- Stream iTunes movies via Plex
- Stream iTunes movies to TV
- Watch iTunes DRM movies and TV shows from external hard drive
- Cast iTunes movies to Chromecast
- Cast iTunes TV shows to Chromecast
- Watch iTunes DRM movies and TV shows on PS4
- Watch iTunes DRM movies and TV shows on Roku
- Watch iTunes movies on your 1080P TV
- Watch iTunes movies on your Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10 Tablet
- Watch iTunes movies on Panasonic 1080P HDTV
- What is M4V? How to play an M4V video
- Authorize computers in iTunes
- iTunes Movie Rentals: Everything You Need to Know
- Play iTunes movies on HTC 10
- Play iTunes movies on Huawei P9
- Play iTunes movies on Huawei P10
- Play iTunes movies on Samsung Galaxy S8
- Play iTunes movies on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Play iTunes movies on TV with USB drive
- Play iTunes movies on Windows Phones and Tablets
- View all content purchased from the iTunes Store
- Watch iTunes movies/TV shows on Samsung TV
- Watch iTunes movies/TV shows on Samsung Galaxy S20
- Watch iTunes movies/TV shows on Android
- Play iTunes movies on Google Pixel
- Watch iTunes movies on Xiaomi phones
- Solved: Play iTunes movies on VLC
- Play iTunes movies on Nintendo Switch
- Download Oscar Winner Parasite to mp4 from iTunes
- Download Disney movies to MP4 from iTunes
- Apple TV app is available on Amazon Fire TV devices
- Apple TV app is available on Samsung smart TVs
- Play iTunes movies on Galaxy S20
- Download iTunes Weekly Top 10 movies to MP4
- Download Movie Capone to MP4 from iTunes
- Download Movie Contagion to mp4 from iTunes
- Download Movie Frozen II to mp4 from iTunes
- Watch 20 Oscar-Nominated Movies offline
- Watch Parasite filmmaker Bong Joon Ho's favorite movies
- Download The 10 Best Comedy Movies to MP4 from iTunes
- Convert iTunes Classic Movies to MP4
- Convert iTunes Top Movies to MP4
- Get TV show Planet Earth in mp4 format
- Watch iTunes TV shows on Android
- Best iTunes Movie Deals for Mother's Day and how to convert them to mp4
- Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- Download Emma to MP4 from iTunes
- Download Movie The Invisible Man to MP4 from iTunes
- Get cheap movies from iTunes
- Watch Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- The 20 best movie series to watch during lockdown
- Download Movie Scoob! to MP4 from iTunes
- The Most-Watched Movies in May from iTunes
- Download free Movies from iTunes
- Play iTunes movies on not authorized computer
- Play iTunes movies on Amazon Fire 7 Tablet
- Play iTunes movies on Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Play iTunes Movies With Windows Media Player
- Play iTunes Movies on Kodi