How to Play Apple Music on Google Home/Nest
Will Google Home play Apple Music? Apple’s music streaming service Apple Music unexpectedly appears on the Google Home app in Febrary, 2019. Althoutgh the integrated “link account” button wasn’t functional, many people still guess Apple Music may be soon be available as an option on Google Home devices. Then a Google spokesperson offered a statement regarding the addition of Apple Music to the Google Home app.
"Apple Music is currently only available for Google Assistant users on mobile phones. We have nothing to announce regarding updates to Google Home."
So the fact is that Apple music is still not supported on the Google Home/Nest device . However, we have found 2 accessible ways for you to enjoy Apple Music playlists on Google Home:
Method 1 Play Apple Music with Chromecast
We've been waiting four long years, but Apple Music has finally added Google Chromecast support to its Android app, which means you can now cast Apple Music songs to your Google Home speaker, Android TV, or any other Chromecast-enabled device you might have. You'll need an Android phone or tablet with Android 5.0 or later, or a Chromebook that supports Android apps, as well a a compatible Chromecast device, like the Google Home or the Google Home Mini.
- Make sure that your Android device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Apple Music and start playback.
- Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen to open Now Playing.
- Tap the Cast button .
- Tap your Chromecast device.
Before you start playing music, you can also tap the Cast button at the top of the screen in the Music app. This is only available on Android devices.
Method 2 Play Apple Music on Google Home with Bluetooth
You can play music that's stored on your mobile device (phone or tablet) or computer on your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display using Bluetooth. This includes iTunes Music, Audible, Apple Music and personal playlists.
Step 1 Pair your mobile device & Google Home
Option 1 From the Google Home app
Open the Google Home app. Tap the device you want to pair - Settings. Scroll down to "General settings," then tap Paired Bluetooth devices and then Enable Pairing Mode.
Option 2 From your mobile device's Bluetooth settings
On your mobile device's Home screen, tap Settings - Bluetooth . Turn on Bluetooth. Tap the name of the Google Home you'd like to pair.
Option 3 From your mobile device's Bluetooth settings
- Select the Start button - type “Bluetooth” - select Bluetooth settings from the list.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Tap the name of the Google Home you’d like to pair.
- Click the Apple menu .
- Go to System Preferences
- Look for the Bluetooth icon.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Select the name of the speaker or display you’d like to pair.
Step 2 Connect your mobile device & Google Home
Open Bluetooth settings on your mobile device. Under “Available devices,” tap the speaker or display you paired to your mobile device.
Step 3 Play Apple Music on Google Home
Once your mobile device is paired and connected to your speaker or display, use basic and advanced music commands to listen to music and playlists.
However, many people complain that Google Home disconnects from Bluetooth after 2-3 minutes, so we strongly recommend you method 2.
Method 3 Convert Apple Music to Google Play Music
With Google Play Music, you can play any local music files from Google Home. However, you can't upload Apple Music songs to Google Play Music directly since they are in DRM protected M4P format. That's why you will need Ondesoft Apple Music converter , which is professional Apple Music DRM removal tool that allows you to easily remove DRM from Apple Music songs and convert them to MP3, M4A, etc. with 100% original quality.
Follow this tutorial to learn how to remove DRM from Apple Music songs and upload them to Google Play Music for Google Home.
Step 1. Run Apple Music Converter
Download, install and launch Ondesoft Apple Music converter. All Apple music songs you have added to iTunes library will be shown on the interface automatically. You don't need to download them.
2. Select Apple Music songs and output format
Click Apple Music playlists or songs you want to convert in the file list. You can choose more than one or all of them. Then choose output format (MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, AIFF, AU, FLAC, M4R and MKA), audio quality, output folder in the bottom area. You can also customize bitrate and sample rate as you like.
3. Start to Convert
Click Convert button to start removing DRM from selected Apple Music M4P songs and converting them to the plain format you set.
4. Upload DRM-free Apple Music songs to Google Play Music
Open https://play.google.com/music/listen#/home in Google Chrome browser, sign in, click menu icon on the left top corner and then click Upload music.
Drag&drop the output folder to below window to upload the songs. After uploading, you can stream the DRM-free songs on your Google Home from Google Play Music with voice control.
Free trial version of Apple Music converter allows you to convert each song for 3 minutes, purchase a license to remove this limitation.
Apple Music Converter
- How to set Apple Music as ringtone?
- How to play Apple Music on iPhone 4?
- How to convert audiobooks to MP3?
- How to convert audiobooks to AAC?
- How to convert M4B to MP3?
- How to convert Apple Music M4P songs to MP3?
- How to convert Spotify songs, albums or playlists to MP3?
- How to play Apple Music on Amazon Echo?
- Play Apple Music on Google Home
- How to transfer Apple Music Playlists to Google Play Music
- Play Apple Music on Chromebook
Apple Music TipsMore >>
- Workout Motivation Music MP3 Free Download
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on Android
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on iPhone
- Apple Music supported devices
- Play Apple Music on Google Pixel
- Play Apple Music on Moto G7
- Play Apple Music on Samsung Galaxy
- Play Apple Music on Fitbit Ionic
- Use Apple Music on Serato DJ
- Play Apple Music without iTunes
- Change Apple Music plan
- Download Apple Music Antidote playlist to mp3
- Fix Apple Music do not download on iPhone
- What is Apple Music DRM and how to remove DRM
- Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music songs on iPhone 4
- Apple Launches Web Version for its Apple Music Service
- Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- Convert Apple Music to MP3 on Mac
- Download Apple Music on SD card
- Download Drake More Life to MP3 from Apple Music
- Solved: 3 Ways to Get Free Apple Music
- Cancel Apple Music subscription
- Listen to Apple Music without iTunes
- Listen to Apple Music without paying
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire 7 Tablet
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV
- Play Apple Music on MP3 Players
- Solved: Play Apple Music on Sonos without subscription
- Play Apple Music on SoundTouch
- Play Apple Music songs on Android without Apple Music app
- Remove Apple Music DRM on Mac
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Play Apple Music on Google Home
- Transfer Apple Music playlists to Spotify
- Upload and stream Apple Music songs on Google Play Music
- Play Apple Music on Android
- Apple Music on Amazon devices
- Stream Apple Music to Roku for free
- Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- Play Apple Music on TV
- Play Apple Music on Xbox One
- Set Apple Music songs as ringtone
- Enjoy Apple Music in the car
- Play Apple Music songs on Android Tablet
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod nano
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod shuffle
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod classic
- Play Apple Music songs on SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab
- Stream Apple Music on PS4 without downloading them
- Transfer Apple Music songs to USB Flash Drive
- Apple Music on PlayStation®
- Play apple Music on Chromebook
- 3 ways to listen to Apple Music on PC
- Convert Apple Music to MP3 on Windows
- Play Apple Music on Microsoft Lumia
- Play Apple Music on SanDisk Clip Jam
- Play Apple Music on Windows phone
- Apple Music Converter for Windows
- Apple Music now groups different versions of the same albums
- Download album Black Habits to mp3 from Apple Music
- Download Apple Music Replay 2020 playlist to mp3
- Download Apple Music Playlist Agenda to mp3
- Download Naomi Campbell's Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Play Apple Music on Garmin Smartwatch
- Download Album YHLQMDLG to mp3 from Apple Music
- Convert Genius' video series Verified to MP4 from Apple Music
- Convert Lady Gaga Stupid Love music video to mp4
- Extract Audio from iTunes Movies, TV Shows or Music Videos
- Convert Justin Bieber Music Video Habitual to MP4 from Apple Music
- Ask Alexa to play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Download Halle Berry Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Download Lady Gaga Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Convert Justin Bieber's Music Video for Song ‘Available’ to MP4 from Apple Music
- Keep Apple Music songs after cancelling membership
- Use Apple Music in djay
- Add Apple Music to VirtualDJ
- Use Apple Music in Camtasia
- Play Apple Music on TomTom Spark 3
- Download Apple Music in FLAC format
- Convert M4P to M4A