Apple Music Drm Removal - How to remove DRM from Apple Music
With Apple Music, you can access millions of songs, curated radio and playlists, video content, and music recommendations, all in the Apple Music app. You can also access all of your content across other devices, as long as you're signed in to Apple Music with the same Apple ID.
Apple Music is avialable on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android Phone, Apple Watch (Update from a paired iPhone.3), CarPlay, Apple TV (4th generation or later) and Sonos.
Platforms : macOS; iOS; tvOS; watchOS; Windows; Android
How to check which songs are DRM-protected?
All songs in Apple Music catalog are DRM-protected. Songs you purchased from iTunes Store before 2009 are also DRM-protected.
1. Open iTunes or Music and navigate to your Music Library.
- In iTunes, click Songs under the Library section on the left when you're on the Library tab.
- In Music, select Songs under the Library heading in the left pane.
2. Right click below red area and Enable Kind.
3. Click Kind to sort songs. All songs marked as Apple Music AAC audio file are DRM protected.
The Most Common File Types in iTunes and Music
- AAC audio file: a standard AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) file comes from converting an MP3 or ripping a song from a CD using iTunes' built-in AAC encoder. AAC is the successor to MP3.
- Matched AAC audio file: a standard AAC audio file, except that your computer or iOS device downloaded it from your iCloud account using iTunes Match.
- MPEG audio file: a standard MP3 file, the classic digital audio format. You may have downloaded it from the web, or iTunes ripped the song from a CD using iTunes' built-in MP3 encoder.
- Purchased AAC audio file: Purchased AAC file is what Protected AAC audio file becomes when it's been upgraded to the iTunes Plus format. Songs you purchased from iTunes Store sold after April 2009 are in the Purchased AAC audio file format. These files no longer have the DRM-based copy restrictions.
- Protected AAC audio file: Songs you purchased from the iTunes Store prior to April 2009 are marked as Protected AAC audio file. Protected, in this case, means DRM restricts it to devices authorized with the Apple ID used to buy the song. This restriction prevents the song from being copied or shared.
- Apple Music AAC audio file: a standard AAC file, except that Apple Music. added it to your library. This file type has some Digital Rights Management (DRM) restrictions, such as requiring an active Apple Music subscription. If you cancel your subscription, you'll lose access to the song. You also can't burn Apple Music songs to a CD.
What are the Apple Music DRM restrictions?
You can't play Apple Music songs with other music player
All music from Apple Music has digital rights management on it. Apple Music DRM restricts how you can use the downloaded songs. Even though you have downloaded them to your computer or phones, you can't play them with other music players or transfer them to other devices. The downloaded songs will disappear after you cancel the Apple Music subscription.
Apple Music subscribers can choose to download any songs from the world’s largest music catalog directly on to Apple Music available devices. However, tracks and playlists you download from the Apple Music catalog are DRM-protected, which means you can only play them on Apple ID authorized devices. You can’t play them to MP3 player such as iPod shuffle, iPod nano, Android tablet, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, TV, Roku, etc.
DRM protected songs come with .m4p extension and when you try to open it with other music players, you will get:
You need to authorize your computer to play Apple Music
- You can authorize up to five computers at a time to play Apple Music.
- If you have five authorized computers and want to authorize a new computer, you have to deauthorize one of your computers.
- You can only authorize a computer that you have access to. You can't authorize a computer using another computer or an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Is there anyway to remove Apple Music DRM? The answer is Yes.
With Ondesoft Apple Music Converter , the professional Apple Music DRM removal software , you can easily remove DRM from Apple Music and convert Apple Music M4P songs to DRM-free MP3 to play anywhere. The songs are still playable even after you cancel Apple Music subscription . What’s more, you don’t need to download Apple Music songs if the Internet connection is fast, since Apple Music converter records the music while iTunes plays them mutely in the background.
Apple Music Converter Introduction
- Download Apple Music songs to MP3, M4A, etc.
- 100% original quality and ID3 tags.
- 16x conversion speed
- Convert iTunes music/audiobooks and Audible audiobooks
- Output format: MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, AIFF, AU, FLAC, M4R, MKA, WAV
Steps to remove Apple Music DRM on Mac/Windows
This tutorial will show you how to easily remove DRM from Apple Music on Mac/Windows:
1. Download and Launch Apple Music Converter
Download, install and launch Ondesoft Apple Music Converter on your Mac or Windows.
2. Sign in your Apple Music account
Click the Sign in button and enter your Apple ID.
3. Change output format(optional)
The default output format is lossless M4A. Ondesoft Apple Music Converter also supports converting Apple Music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV and AIFF. You can also customize output file name with any combination of title, artist, album, playlist index and track ID.
4. Select music
Follow the on-screen instructions to choose the playlist or album you want to convert.
Click Add songs.
5. Start Conversion
By default, all songs in the playlist/album will be checked. If there are songs you don't want to convert, please uncheck the box. Then click Convert button to start downloading songs to the format you choose.
After conversion, click below folder icon to quickly locate the downloaded songs.
Apple Music Converter
Apple Music TipsMore >>
- Top 4 Apple Music Converter
- Workout Motivation Music MP3 Free Download
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on Android
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on iPhone
- Apple Music supported devices
- Play Apple Music on Google Pixel
- Play Apple Music on Moto G7
- Play Apple Music on Samsung Galaxy
- Play Apple Music on Fitbit Ionic
- Use Apple Music on Serato DJ
- Play Apple Music without iTunes
- Change Apple Music plan
- Download Apple Music Antidote playlist to mp3
- Fix Apple Music do not download on iPhone
- What is Apple Music DRM and how to remove DRM
- Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music songs on iPhone 4
- Apple Launches Web Version for its Apple Music Service
- Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Download Apple Music on SD card
- Download Drake More Life to MP3 from Apple Music
- Solved: 3 Ways to Get Free Apple Music
- Cancel Apple Music subscription
- Listen to Apple Music without iTunes
- Listen to Apple Music without paying
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire 7 Tablet
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV
- Play Apple Music on MP3 Players
- Solved: Play Apple Music on Sonos without subscription
- Play Apple Music on SoundTouch
- Play Apple Music songs on Android without Apple Music app
- Remove Apple Music DRM on Mac
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Play Apple Music on Google Home
- Transfer Apple Music playlists to Spotify
- Upload and stream Apple Music songs on Google Play Music
- Play Apple Music on Android
- Apple Music on Amazon devices
- Stream Apple Music to Roku for free
- Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- Play Apple Music on TV
- Play Apple Music on Xbox One
- Set Apple Music songs as ringtone
- Enjoy Apple Music in the car
- Play Apple Music songs on Android Tablet
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod nano
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod shuffle
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod classic
- Play Apple Music songs on SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab
- Stream Apple Music on PS4 without downloading them
- Transfer Apple Music songs to USB Flash Drive
- Apple Music on PlayStation®
- Play apple Music on Chromebook
- 3 ways to listen to Apple Music on PC
- Convert Apple Music to MP3 on Windows
- Play Apple Music on Microsoft Lumia
- Play Apple Music on SanDisk Clip Jam
- Play Apple Music on Windows phone
- Apple Music Converter for Windows
- Apple Music now groups different versions of the same albums
- Download album Black Habits to mp3 from Apple Music
- Download Apple Music Replay 2020 playlist to mp3
- Download Apple Music Playlist Agenda to mp3
- Download Naomi Campbell's Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Play Apple Music on Garmin Smartwatch
- Download Album YHLQMDLG to mp3 from Apple Music
- Convert Genius' video series Verified to MP4 from Apple Music
- Convert Lady Gaga Stupid Love music video to mp4
- Extract Audio from iTunes Movies, TV Shows or Music Videos
- Convert Justin Bieber Music Video Habitual to MP4 from Apple Music
- Ask Alexa to play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Download Halle Berry Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Download Lady Gaga Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Convert Justin Bieber's Music Video for Song ‘Available’ to MP4 from Apple Music
- Keep Apple Music songs after cancelling membership
- Use Apple Music in djay
- Add Apple Music to VirtualDJ
- Use Apple Music in Camtasia
- Play Apple Music on TomTom Spark 3
- Convert Apple Music to FLAC
- Convert M4P to M4A
- How to burn Apple Music songs to CD
- How to play Apple Music with Roku mobile app