How to play Apple Music on unsupported devices
Nov. 3rd 2021
Apple Music now has 90 million songs. Subscribe to the service and then you can stream the 90 million songs ad-free. Download your favorite tracks and play them offline. If you have subscribedd to Apple Music, you may wonder which devices are compatible with Apple Music. Besides iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac/PC, Apple Watch, Apple TV, you can also play Apple Music on many other devices: HomePod, CarPlay, Sonos, Amazon Echo.
You can listen to Apple Music on the Apple Music app and music.apple.com. The Apple Music app is already on your Apple devices, but if you've removed it, you can download it again from the App Store. You can also listen to Apple Music on many popular streaming devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles(PS5) if they support the Apple Music app. If your device is not in above list, you can't install Apple Music app and stream songs on them. Those devices includes but not limited to:
Pod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPod Classic
Though iPod Classic, iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle are also Apple devices, iOS system is not running on them. So Apple Music isn’t available on iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle and iPod Classic.
Other MP3 Player
There are still many people prefer to mp3 player, especially when they workout. Sony Walkman, Sandisk, Creative Zen, etc. are still widely welcomed. However, none of them is Apple Music supported. Even though you have downloaded the Apple Music songs for offline listening, you can't play them with mp3 player since Apple Music songs are in DRM protected m4p format, which is supported by mp3 player.
Amazon Devices(except Amazon Echo)
Fire phone, fire tablet, fire TV which using Amazon Fire OS is not Apple Music compatible either.
Game Consoles like PS3, PS4, PSP, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S are not compatible with Apple Music either.
Other Smart Phones
Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Symbian are not compatible with Apple Music.
Don't worry, although you can't install Apple Music app on above devices to stream songs, there is another way that allows you to play Apple Music on those un-supported devices - the secret is to rip Apple Music to MP3.
Our helpful guide will walk you through the steps needed to download Apple Music songs, albums and playlists to mp3 format and them play them on above devices.
Steps to download Apple Music to MP3
1. Download and Launch Apple Music Converter
Download, install and launch Ondesoft Apple Music Converter on your Mac or Windows.
2. Sign in your Apple Music account
Click the Sign in button and enter your Apple ID.
3. Change output format(optional)
The default output format is lossless M4A. Ondesoft Apple Music Converter also supports converting Apple Music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV and AIFF. You can also customize output file name with any combination of title, artist, album, playlist index and track ID.
4. Select music
Follow the on-screen instructions to choose the playlist or album you want to convert.
Click Add songs.
5. Start Conversion
By default, all songs in the playlist/album will be checked. If there are songs you don't want to convert, please uncheck the box. Then click Convert button to start downloading songs to the format you choose.
After conversion, click below folder icon to quickly locate the downloaded songs.
Free trial version allows you to convert 3 minutes of each song, to get the full version, please purchase a license.
Features of Ondesoft Apple Music Converter:
Built-in Apple Music web player
Ondesoft Apple Music Converter features built-in Apple Music web player. Once logged in your Apple Music account, you can easily browse and select any songs, albums and playlists you want to download.
Customize profile settings
Apple Music to MP3 converter allows you to customize Codec, Bitrate, Sample rate and Channels of the output file. Also you may save them as custom profile for future use.
Fast Conversion Speed
The conversion speed can be as fast as 16X and you are free to set it as you desired.
The powerful search function enables you to quickly find Apple Music tracks you need according to name, artist and album.
Customize file name format
Output file name can contain Title, Artist, Album, TrackID and DiskID and you are free to customize it as you like.
Save ID tags
ID tags such as song name, Artist name, Album, Album artist, Genre and Artwork will be saved to the output MP3 and M4A files.
Batch conversion allows you to convert as many Apple Music tracks as you want at a time.
Apple Music Converter
Apple Music TipsMore >>
- Top 4 Apple Music Converter
- Workout Motivation Music MP3 Free Download
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on Android
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on iPhone
- Apple Music supported devices
- Play Apple Music on Google Pixel
- Play Apple Music on Moto G7
- Play Apple Music on Samsung Galaxy
- Play Apple Music on Fitbit Ionic
- Use Apple Music on Serato DJ
- Play Apple Music without iTunes
- Change Apple Music plan
- Download Apple Music Antidote playlist to mp3
- Fix Apple Music do not download on iPhone
- What is Apple Music DRM and how to remove DRM
- Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music songs on iPhone 4
- Apple Launches Web Version for its Apple Music Service
- Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Download Apple Music on SD card
- Download Drake More Life to MP3 from Apple Music
- Solved: 3 Ways to Get Free Apple Music
- Cancel Apple Music subscription
- Listen to Apple Music without iTunes
- Listen to Apple Music without paying
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire 7 Tablet
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV
- Play Apple Music on MP3 Players
- Solved: Play Apple Music on Sonos without subscription
- Play Apple Music on SoundTouch
- Play Apple Music songs on Android without Apple Music app
- Remove Apple Music DRM on Mac
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Play Apple Music on Google Home
- Transfer Apple Music playlists to Spotify
- Upload and stream Apple Music songs on Google Play Music
- Play Apple Music on Android
- Apple Music on Amazon devices
- Stream Apple Music to Roku for free
- Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- Play Apple Music on TV
- Play Apple Music on Xbox One
- Set Apple Music songs as ringtone
- Enjoy Apple Music in the car
- Play Apple Music songs on Android Tablet
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod nano
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod shuffle
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod classic
- Play Apple Music songs on SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab
- Stream Apple Music on PS4 without downloading them
- Transfer Apple Music songs to USB Flash Drive
- Apple Music on PlayStation®
- Play apple Music on Chromebook
- 3 ways to listen to Apple Music on PC
- Convert Apple Music to MP3 on Windows
- Play Apple Music on Microsoft Lumia
- Play Apple Music on SanDisk Clip Jam
- Play Apple Music on Windows phone
- Apple Music Converter for Windows
- Apple Music now groups different versions of the same albums
- Download album Black Habits to mp3 from Apple Music
- Download Apple Music Replay 2020 playlist to mp3
- Download Apple Music Playlist Agenda to mp3
- Download Naomi Campbell's Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Play Apple Music on Garmin Smartwatch
- Download Album YHLQMDLG to mp3 from Apple Music
- Convert Genius' video series Verified to MP4 from Apple Music
- Convert Lady Gaga Stupid Love music video to mp4
- Extract Audio from iTunes Movies, TV Shows or Music Videos
- Convert Justin Bieber Music Video Habitual to MP4 from Apple Music
- Ask Alexa to play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Download Halle Berry Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Download Lady Gaga Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Convert Justin Bieber's Music Video for Song ‘Available’ to MP4 from Apple Music
- Keep Apple Music songs after cancelling membership
- Use Apple Music in djay
- Add Apple Music to VirtualDJ
- Use Apple Music in Camtasia
- Play Apple Music on TomTom Spark 3
- Convert Apple Music to FLAC
- Convert M4P to M4A
- How to burn Apple Music songs to CD
- Play Apple Music on Kodi
- Set Apple Music songs as Alarm
- Apple Music Converter For Diehard Music Lovers