How to add local songs to Spotify?
Spotify is an all-in-one music player. In addition to the over 50 million tracks of Spotify, you can also add your local songs to Spotify.
1. Click the arrow on the top right corner in the top-right corner of the Spotify app and select Settings.
2. Scroll down to Local Files . Downloads and My Music are selected by default. Switch off any sources you don't want Spotify to access.
3. If the songs you want to add are not in the 2 folder, click "ADD A SOUCE" and choose the folder.
Supported file types:
- .m4p (unless it contains video or DRM protected)
- .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)
Note: The iTunes lossless format (M4A) is not supported.
On mobile and tablet(only for premium subscribers):
1. Add the local files to Spotify on your desktop first, see above steps.
2. Add the files to a playlist.
3. Log in on your mobile or tablet using the same WiFi network as your desktop app.
4. Select the playlist containing the local files.
5. Switch on Download.
How to add Apple Music songs to Spotify?
However, not all local songs can be added to Spotify directly. If you have subscribed to Apple Music, the songs you downloaded can't be added to Spotify directly since they are DRM protected.
As you can see the above, you can add m4p songs to Spotify, but the songs must be DRM-free. That's why when you upload download Apple Music songs to Spotify, you will find the songs won't play. This is because the m4p songs downloaded from Apple Music are DRM protected and can only be played with iTunes on authorized devices. Here we will show you how to download Apple Music to mp3 so that you can upload offline Apple Music songs to Spotify.
Step1. Download, install and run Ondesoft iTunes Converter
Download, install and run Ondesoft iTunes Converter. All your iTunes files including playlists are loaded automatically, so make sure Apple Music songs, albums, playlists have been added to iTunes Library. Select music you want to convert in the file list. You can choose more than one or all of them.
Step2. Change output settings
Ondesoft Apple Music Converter supports converting Apple Music M4P songs to MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, AIFF, AU, FLAC, M4R and MKA. Here we choose mp3.
For each output format, Apple Music converter provides different profile settings: High, Normal and Low with different Bitrate, SampleRate and channels combinations. You can also customize the value as you like.
Output filename can contain Title, Artist, Album, TrackID and DiskID, such as Artist - Album - Track - Title.mp3. Click Options on the menu bar to open Preferences and customize output filename format if you like.
Step3. Remove DRM from selected Apple Music songs.
Click the Convert button to start downloading Apple Music to mp3. After converting, click Explore output files to find all converted mp3 Apple Music songs. You can follow steps in above Part 3 to upload them to Spotify.
Ondesoft TipsMore >>
- Spotify Free Version on Sonos
- Download free Christmas songs
- 9 things to know about Spotify
- Get Spotify Premium Free
- Play Spotify on Apple Watch
- Convert Spotify to MP3
- Convert Spotify to M4A
- Convert Spotify to WAV
- Convert Spotify to FLAC
- Spotify Playlists to iPod shuffle
- DRM Free Music from Spotify
- Download MP3 Music from Spotify
- Download Spotify Music for Free
- Download Spotify Music without Premium
- Download Spotify Songs to External Hard Drive
- Enjoy Spotify Music on MP3 Player
- Extend Spotify premium free trial
- Free Spotify Downloader
- Free Spotify Recorder
- Backup Spotify Music
- Play Spotify in the Car
- Play Spotify on HomePod
- Spotify++ iOS Download from AppValley
- Spotify++ iOS Download from TweakBox
- Listen to Spotify Music Offline for Free
- Listen to Spotify Music on Sandisk MP3 Player
- Listen to Spotify on iPod
- Play Spotify music on Amazon Echo
- Play Spotify Music on Apple Watch without iPhone
- Play Spotify Music on Apple Watch
- Play Spotify Music on iPod Nano
- Play Spotify Music on iPod Shuffle
- Play Spotify Music on PS4
- Play Spotify Music on Roku
- Play Spotify Music on Sonos
- Play Spotify Music on Google Home
- Record Songs from Spotify
- Record Spotify Music as MP3
- Remove Spotify DRM
- Save Spotify Music as MP3
- Spotify music as ringtone
- Spotify Free VS Premium Comparison
- Get Spotify premium for free - No hack
- Spotify Music Downloader
- Spotify Music Quality
- Spotify Music Recorder
- Spotify offline playback on Apple Watch
- Sptofy on 4th gen iPod Touch
- Spotify Premium APK
- Spotify Premium Free
- Spotify Premium Won't Download Songs
- Spotify Songs not Available
- Spotify Student Discount
- Sync local music to Spotify
- Spotify Sync to iPod Feature is No Longer Available
- Spotify VS. Tidal comparison
- Free Spotify to MP3 Converter
- Spotify to MP3 Converter
- Spotify VS Apple Music Comparison
- Spotify VS Soundcloud
- Stream Spotify to Apple TV
- Stream Spotify to Chromecast
- Sync Spotify to Android
- Spotify Visualizer
- Spotify Playlist downloader
- Watch iTunes movies on TV
- iTunes DRM Removal
- Play Spotify on Samsung TV
- Spotify compatible MP3 player
- Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks
- Convert Audible to MP3
- Best DRM Audio Converter Review
- Apple's FairPlay DRM: All You Need to Know
- Top 8 Music Streaming Services
- Block Ads on Spotify without Premium
- How to download Spotify songs to phone
- How to connect Spotify to Discord
- Play Spotify offline on Wear OS Smartwatch