How to add Apple Music songs to iMovie
iMovie allows you to add music, sound effects, and voiceover narration to your video project on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. You can add audio files like M4A, MP4, MP3, WAV, and AIFF files stored on your device, in iCloud Drive, or in another location. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can add songs you've downloaded to your device in the Music app, your own custom songs created in an app like GarageBand or custom sound effects stored in iCloud Drive, on your device, or in another location.
In iMovie for Mac, you can drag audio files right into your timeline from the Finder. You can also use songs or other audio files from your music library and other locations using the media browser within iMovie.
However, you may find that you can't add songs downloaded from Apple Music to iMovie. This is because Apple Music songs are in DRM protected M4P format. If your Music library includes protected files, they are unavailable and do not appear in the browser. However if you can remove Apple Music DRM and rip Apple Music to MP3, you can then add the Apple Music songs to iMovie freely on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.
Here we will show you an easy drm removal tool for you to remove Apple Music DRM and convert Apple Music M4P songs to mp3 - Ondesoft Apple Music Converter, which is a professional DRM M4P to MP3 converter. Our helpful guide will walk you through the steps needed to download Apple Music songs to mp3 so you can add them to iMovie on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and your Mac.
Part 1 Steps to download Apple Music to MP3
1. Download and Launch Apple Music Converter
Download, install and launch Ondesoft Apple Music Converter on your Mac or Windows.
2. Sign in your Apple Music account
Click the Sign in button and enter your Apple ID.
3. Change output format(optional)
The default output format is lossless M4A. Ondesoft Apple Music Converter also supports converting Apple Music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV and AIFF. You can also customize output file name with any combination of title, artist, album, playlist index and track ID.
4. Select music
Follow the on-screen instructions to choose the playlist or album you want to convert.
Click Add songs.
5. Start Conversion
By default, all songs in the playlist/album will be checked. If there are songs you don't want to convert, please uncheck the box. Then click Convert button to start downloading songs to the format you choose.
After conversion, click below folder icon to quickly locate the downloaded songs.
After conversion, locate the DRM-free Apple Music songs and then you can add them to iMovie.
Part 2 Add downloaded Apple Music MP3 songs to iMovie
On your Mac
You can drag DRM-free Apple Music songs from the Finder and the Desktop right into the timeline of your iMovie project. Or use the media browser within iMovie to locate the Apple Music songs.
Add downloaded Apple Music songs to iMovie using the media browser
- Open your project and click Audio at the top of the window, then click Music in the Libraries list, then browse selections.
- Drag the song you like from the media browser to the timeline.
Drag Apple Music songs into the iMovie project timeline
You can drag downloaded Apple Music songs from the Finder right into the timeline of your iMovie project. Drag files to the music well for background music, or drag the file under a particular clip to attach the audio file to the video clip. iMovie supports M4A, MP4, MP3, WAV, and AIFF files.
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Sync the songs to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch from Mac or Windows. With your project open in the timeline, tap the Add Media button . Tap Audio - My Music, then tap Files. Tap a song to preview it. To add the song to your project, tap the plus button next to a song. The song is added at the bottom of the project timeline, starting at the beginning of your project.
Free trial version allows you to convert 3 minutes of each song, to get the full version, please purchase a license.
Features of Ondesoft Apple Music Converter:
Built-in Apple Music web player
Ondesoft Apple Music Converter features built-in Apple Music web player. Once logged in your Apple Music account, you can easily browse and select any songs, albums and playlists you want to download.
Customize profile settings
Apple Music to MP3 converter allows you to customize Codec, Bitrate, Sample rate and Channels of the output file. Also you may save them as custom profile for future use.
Fast Conversion Speed
The conversion speed can be as fast as 16X and you are free to set it as you desired.
The powerful search function enables you to quickly find Apple Music tracks you need according to name, artist and album.
Customize file name format
Output file name can contain Title, Artist, Album, TrackID and DiskID and you are free to customize it as you like.
Save ID tags
ID tags such as song name, Artist name, Album, Album artist, Genre and Artwork will be saved to the output MP3 and M4A files.
Batch conversion allows you to convert as many Apple Music tracks as you want at a time.
Apple Music Converter
Apple Music TipsMore >>
- Top 4 Apple Music Converter
- Workout Motivation Music MP3 Free Download
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on Android
- Set Apple Music as ringtone on iPhone
- Apple Music supported devices
- Play Apple Music on Google Pixel
- Play Apple Music on Moto G7
- Play Apple Music on Samsung Galaxy
- Play Apple Music on Fitbit Ionic
- Use Apple Music on Serato DJ
- Play Apple Music without iTunes
- Change Apple Music plan
- Download Apple Music Antidote playlist to mp3
- Fix Apple Music do not download on iPhone
- What is Apple Music DRM and how to remove DRM
- Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music songs on iPhone 4
- Apple Launches Web Version for its Apple Music Service
- Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
- Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Download Apple Music on SD card
- Download Drake More Life to MP3 from Apple Music
- Solved: 3 Ways to Get Free Apple Music
- Cancel Apple Music subscription
- Listen to Apple Music without iTunes
- Listen to Apple Music without paying
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire 7 Tablet
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV without subscription
- Play Apple Music on Android TV
- Play Apple Music on Fire TV
- Play Apple Music on MP3 Players
- Solved: Play Apple Music on Sonos without subscription
- Play Apple Music on SoundTouch
- Play Apple Music songs on Android without Apple Music app
- Remove Apple Music DRM on Mac
- Stream Apple Music on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Play Apple Music on Google Home
- Transfer Apple Music playlists to Spotify
- Upload and stream Apple Music songs on Google Play Music
- Play Apple Music on Android
- Apple Music on Amazon devices
- Stream Apple Music to Roku for free
- Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- Play Apple Music on TV
- Play Apple Music on Xbox One
- Set Apple Music songs as ringtone
- Enjoy Apple Music in the car
- Play Apple Music songs on Android Tablet
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod nano
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod shuffle
- Play Apple Music songs on iPod classic
- Play Apple Music songs on SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab
- Stream Apple Music on PS4 without downloading them
- Transfer Apple Music songs to USB Flash Drive
- Apple Music on PlayStation®
- Play apple Music on Chromebook
- 3 ways to listen to Apple Music on PC
- Convert Apple Music to MP3 on Windows
- Play Apple Music on Microsoft Lumia
- Play Apple Music on SanDisk Clip Jam
- Play Apple Music on Windows phone
- Apple Music Converter for Windows
- Apple Music now groups different versions of the same albums
- Download album Black Habits to mp3 from Apple Music
- Download Apple Music Replay 2020 playlist to mp3
- Download Apple Music Playlist Agenda to mp3
- Download Naomi Campbell's Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Play Apple Music on Garmin Smartwatch
- Download Album YHLQMDLG to mp3 from Apple Music
- Convert Genius' video series Verified to MP4 from Apple Music
- Convert Lady Gaga Stupid Love music video to mp4
- Extract Audio from iTunes Movies, TV Shows or Music Videos
- Convert Justin Bieber Music Video Habitual to MP4 from Apple Music
- Ask Alexa to play Apple Music on Amazon Echo
- Download Halle Berry Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Download Lady Gaga Apple Music Playlist to mp3
- Convert Justin Bieber's Music Video for Song ‘Available’ to MP4 from Apple Music
- Keep Apple Music songs after cancelling membership
- Use Apple Music in djay
- Add Apple Music to VirtualDJ
- Use Apple Music in Camtasia
- Play Apple Music on TomTom Spark 3
- Convert Apple Music to FLAC
- Convert M4P to M4A
- How to burn Apple Music songs to CD
- Play Apple Music on Kodi
- Set Apple Music songs as Alarm
- Apple Music Converter For Diehard Music Lovers